Wednesday 10 July 2019

Birthday card for my Dad

Yesterday was my Dad’s 70th birthday.  Dave & I took him for lunch at his favourite restaurant.  Mandarin Restauran has the largest selection of Chinese food (buffet) with lots of locations in Ontario, Canada.  We went to the Newmarket location near my Dad’s house today, but usually we do take out at the Kitchener location near our house.

My dad has everything you can think of when it comes to tools, so I decided he needed a tools/workbench for his card.  I found a tutorial on YouTube for building  a U Box Workbench Card.  This is how it turned out.  Yes, I intentionally made all the tools bigger than they are supposed to be.  They are not to scale, they would be too small to see all their detail.  My Dad loved the card, because it was personal and I made it.

Front folded flat to put inside an envelope.

Back folded flat to put inside an envelope.
Front with desk half folded down.  You can see the tools hanging on the left side os the peg board.  It is hard to see, but the saw blade on the right is a clock.  I pointed the clock hands to 7:00 o’clock because it turned 70.
Another shot of the front with desk half folded down.  You can see the tools hanging on the right side of the peg board.

Here is a look at the top of the desk.  The round metal circle is supposed to be a magnetic dish of screws, nails and bolts.
This is the front view of the  card with the desk down.


1 comment:

  1. That's an amazing card and I'm sure a lot of work went into it!

    ReplyDelete