Friday 14 July 2023

Fully Finished Gallery - July 2023

 


Thanks to Rachel over at Ten Hour Stitcher for this monthly SAL. This is the first time I’m participating this year because it is my first big finish of the year. My husband Dave requested a wall hanging to replace the winter snowman one, so this is what he got.


I made it into a quilted wall hanging. It is bigger than I pictured in my mind but I had to use more butterfly fabric between each flower or you wouldn’t see much of the butterflies. I thought a metre of fabric was enough but that only did the front. I found some purple fabric in my sewing stash.

I watched a video on How To Make a Flanged Pillow by the Twisted Stitcher (Vonna Pfeiffer). She taught me how to make sure my evenweave fabric was cut straight. I used the pulling a thread method instead of the rotary cutter because my fabric was crooked. This way I knew I’d have the same amount of threads all around the square flowers. 


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous! This is a stunning wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, what a lovely finish! I'm sure he must be so happy with it replacing the snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am comment for the first time, I am Toki.
    I think it's a nice wall hanging. Your sense of choosing the butterfly fabric is wonderful.
    All the flowers are so beautiful that the butterfly seems to wonder which flower to perch on.🦋

    ReplyDelete