Wednesday 16 March 2016

Cataloging your movie collection

No stitching tonight, we went to Costco I bought the new season of Game of Thrones.  I don't watch it on TV, I wait and buy it on Blu-Ray.  If you are a DVD/Blu-Ray collector you might be interested in some software called DVD Profiler.  It is a data base to catalogue your movie collection.  I have over 1000 movies/TV shows so I like to keep track of who borrows them.  My friends and family say it is just like renting from the library.  http://www.invelos.com/. I paid $30 Canadian for a lifetime membership at least 10 years ago.  I can download any new updates for free.  I LOVE it to organize my collection (obsession)!  Here is an example of my collection uploaded to a webpage for family to browse.  http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/christiedvd

Here are a few screen shots ... you can arrange the sections where you want on the screen. This one only shows the front cover of the DVD.  You enter your movies by title or UPC code.

This screen shot is similar to how mine is, showing my list on the left and info in the middle and the front and back DVD covers on the right.  But it looks like it is from an older version.





1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea I only have like 200? DVDs/Blu-Rays but that's a great way to remember

    ReplyDelete