Wednesday 23 August 2023

Snowmen Christmas ornaments

 I was finally able to finish the Handprints - Woodland Animals project with baby info. Henry was born on August 17 (only 3 days late). Here is a photo to see how the fabric will look with it the wood frame.  I still need to frame it properly, this was just to check the colour. The love how the frame matches the colours of the raccoon.













In the meantime, I have stitched 2 snowman ornaments.  I have stitched this pattern in the past. I will mail one to a friend in OHIO (keep the 2nd one for a backup sometime), that is why I decided on this design because the ornament is flatter than most. You layer the 3 snowballs on top of each other. 

I’ll try and build them for next months FFG along with assembling 5 mice.






Here is the link to the last time I stitched this snowman.  https://colourfulcrossstitches.blogspot.com/2016/09/snowman-ornament-happy-dance.html

I have been going through some of my old cross stitch magazines looking for some new projects.  Here are 5 I have chosen. 2 lighthouses for our ensuite bathroom and 3 garden scenes will go somewhere else in our house.

Lighthouses - Just Cross Stitch June 2001. I will be using 28ct Jobelan Bablingbrook (leftover fabric from Snowman Wisdom shown below). 

















Lighthouse - At Home on the Point (5x7)
Lighthouse - Rounding the Point (5x7)
















In the Garden - Cross Stitch & Country Craft magazines (1988). I will use 28ct white evenweave for all 3 garden scenes.
Colonial Garden (7 1/2 x 5)
















Victorian Garden (7 1/2 x 5)
















Country Garden (7 1/2 x 5)
















These should keep me busy for the rest of 2023 and early 2024.


2 comments:

  1. I am currently working on 5 projects simultaneously.
    Sure busy. But it's fun.
    You have a lot of nice works. Let's enjoy each other.🙋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Woodland Animals will look great in that frame, a lovely finish.
    The snowmen are going to be adorable. I might need to look for that issue.
    You've chosen some good ones to stitch. I actually stitched the Colonial Garden for my parents, I love that one. But now I'm thinking I like the other two also!

    ReplyDelete