Monday 22 September 2014

Around The World Blog Hop

Thank you for joining me as I participate in my first Blog Hop.  DeAnna from Georgia-Girl Quilter invited me to join in the blog hop.

1. What am I working on?
I am currently working on 2 Cross Stitch Exchange pieces - Halloween (finished) and I started planning/designing the Christmas one (both are secret projects until later this year).  
I'm also trying to finish several Just Nan 3D Ornaments (2012 & 2013 Gingerbread Mice/Hagatha's Hat/Emily & Eliza's Christmas Hat) before Christmas because I want to display them on my tree.  


I would also like to start/finish Sue Hillis' Yes, I Can drive a Stick before Halloween.  This is more of a joke piece for me because in fact I only drive a stick (standard vehicle).




2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I try to personalize every gift that I stitch - I will change the floss colours, add a name & date for a new baby, modifying a chart/design, I want the recipient to know I took the time to make it just for them.
I have discovered that I LOVE doing 3D projects.  


Just Nan's Limited Edition Ornaments and the Cat's Whisker's Garden Chair.  


I also love projects with lots of colours, that is why my blog is called Colourful Cross Stitches.  

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
I have a cross stitch photo diary of all the projects I ever stitched, now that I have a blog I can share those projects with other stitchers around the world.

I started blogging in 2012? to join all the other stitchers participating in TUSAL (Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long), IHSW (International Hermit Stitchers Weekend), and it is nice to talk to other creative people.

4. How does my writing/creating process work?
I love designing the exchange projects because all I have to start with is a theme.  I want to make something unique, but at the same time also create an item that is useful.  This gives me a chance to challenge myself by making something unique each time, I want to stitch something that I have never done before. When I stitched the scissor case - someone else designed it, but it was the first time I made one.  




The 3D basket I designed the shape myself, then found patterns from my magazines/books to stitch on it. 




The Halloween project was also a new thing for me, you will have to wait until next month to see what is inside this box for the Halloween exchange.



I was so busy I didn't have time to ask any one to participate, but I would like you to visit a few of my favourite stitching blogs.

Jacquie Morris at My Journey
Kasey at Koehler Kreations
Taffy at Taffy's Treasures
Astrid at Dragon Stitches and Stuff by Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment