Tuesday 16 December 2014

Christmas Cross Stitch Exchange

Tonight at my LNS (Stitcher's Place) we did our 1st Annual Christmas Exchange.  I received a beautiful NOEL picture from Heather.


Donna was the recipient of my quadrielle "snowflake" ornament.  Here are some photos of my ornament that I stitched.  I always put my exchange piece in a tin can or box.


Here is a photo of the finished quadrielle ornament hanging on my tree (for the photo).  I used the Kreinik corder to make the hanging cord.  I also made a tassle for the bottom from matching DMC floss.


There is a snowflake same one on all 4 sides.


On the top I stitched each triangle with a quarter of the snowflake, so when it was sewn together it created a snowflake.


The bottom triangles have 3 simple snowflakes and the words "Christmas Exchange 2014".



I have already signed up for the Friendship Exchange in February 2015.  I will have to start thinking about what to stitch for the exchanges throughout the year.


3 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job on that ornament. Donna was still raving about it after you left. And the Noel you got was beautiful! I'm hoping to have time next Christmas to sign up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful pieces. I haven't ventured into ornaments yet. Are you ready for your New Stitchy Start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lea & Sarah for the lovely comments. I enjoyed stitching this ornament. I look forward to the exchanges.
    Sarah - still deciding on the project for my New Stitchy Start in January 2015.

    ReplyDelete