Monday 26 October 2020

43, 4, and 1 ??

 I am still keeping up with the Peppermint Purple (Green) SAL. I completed week 43, last Wednesday on the day it was released.


I added some more items to the bottom of my Harry Potter SYOA project.  I am not adding the letters at the bottom as originally charted. I found 4 small house crests. This photo shows how I placed 2 on each side. I used the same floss colours and placed them in the same order as the swirls at the top. I will be stitching my wand in the middle under the Quidditch Chapter. Still deciding what colour wood for my wand.




















Here is a close up of the 2 on the left.












Finally 1 Knight Bus, which will hopefully balance the top with the castle and train. I started stitching the Knight Bus yesterday. I already frogged most of the purple because I thought the floss colour was darker on my computer screen, but it was too light. I will use the same purple for the whole bus with lots of back stitching to show the details. There was a photo online of the Knight Bus with a Honey Dukes sign on it, so I had to add that little detail (also less purple to stitch). I know the bus is not facing the opposite way from the train, but the back door is only on this side and I wanted to show that detail. I didn't think about that before stitching the train, or it would have been flipped.





1 comment: