Sunday 4 October 2020

SYOA - Chapter 5 - Happy Dance

I finally finished Chapter 5 - Potions Classroom.  I used DMC regular, metallic and rayon floss along with some pink beads.  I struggled with getting the potion bottles the way I liked them.  Finally decided to fill in the empty part of the bottles and backstitch them with DMC 168.  I tried the dark outline as Jo suggested, but I just didn’t like it with all of the dark brown of the shelves.  I probably shouldn’t have used bright colours for the potions in the bottles, but I really wanted to use the 2 fluorescent floss colours, so I just continued using more bright colours.  Overall I really do like this Chapter.  I do feel like something is missing in the right hand corner, but not sure what to add without it looking to cluttered.  I wanted to add another pink swirl, but my son Jaspar said not to make it look symmetrical and I do agree.  I was going to add a floor, but I already backstitched the cauldron and didn’t want to frog it.  All of my other Chapters have some beige negative space, so it should look fine leaving it this way.
Here is the whole project.  I love how there is pink in the 2 opposite corners to balance each other.  I used the same light pink from the teacup in the swirls from the cauldron.





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing another chapter! I love what you're doing and can't wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Chapter 5 Happy Dance!
    I love the bottles of potions and am looking at them with curiosity wondering what could be inside to create those magical colours. The whole project so far is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete