Tuesday 29 September 2020

SYOA - Chapter 5 - Potion Bottles - Update #1

I have been working on the potion bottles.  It is taking me forever to get them the way I like them. I’m backstitching as I go, but not sure if I like the outline colour.  I tried DMC 762, but I couldn’t see the lines very well, so I frogged all the backstitching.  This is them now with DMC 168 (it is a darker grey), not sure if I like it either. Still can’t see the shapes very well. I was hoping to get away from using black/3371 like I have in all of the other chapters.  Also not sure if I should fill in the empty space at the tops of each bottle with a light grey (762 or 168), then I can outline the bottle with a darker grey or black etc.  Let me know what you think.  I don’t mind frogging to make it perfect.
The whole project.


I spend yesterday colouring, it was so relaxing.  This is the page I coloured because it is now cold and the leaves are all starting to change colours.

Publisher:  Creative Haven 
Book:  Autumn Scenes
Artist:  Teresa Goodridge
Supplies:  Prismacolor Pencil Crayons






1 comment:

  1. The block is looking good, I would use a darker backstitch for the bottles myself.

    ReplyDelete