Tuesday 22 September 2020

SYOA - Chapter 5 - cauldron - update #1

I continued working on the cauldron, but didn’t finish it because I got sidetracked with the pink swirls floating above.  It takes me longer to stitch the pink because I am blending 1 strand of metallic with 1 regular strand of DMC floss.  This is all of my progress from the weekend.  I didn’t stitch at all yesterday. I’m just getting ready to stitch today.and thought I should show some photos.
Here is a photo of the whole thing.  

Now that we only have 1 more chapter, I have been trying to decide on the top and bottom of the project.  I’m designing copies of the 7 books based on the Canadian versions (like the image below).  These are the same Hardcover books I have in my own collection.  I love all of the bright colours on the covers. These will be centred across the bottom under my wand (which I haven’t stitched yet.  I will show am image once I have finalized the designs for top and bottom.  It definitely won’t be finished by the end of the year with all of the extra things I am adding, but I’m looking forward to seeing it finished sometime in 2021.







.

1 comment:

  1. This is looking fabulous. I really like the cauldron block and the way it is turning out. You really have made this project your own.

    ReplyDelete