Tuesday 15 September 2020

SYOA - Chapter 5 - Cauldron

I started stitching the cauldron last Thursday night, but didn’t post a photo because my husband was on holidays last week and we were busy doing things around the house.
Here is the progress from Thursday night.
I worked on the cauldron, here is the progress I made over the weekend.

My youngest son Jordyn and my daughter-in-law Sarah came over yesterday for a short visit. I asked them to help me decide on the floss colours for the bubbling potion, smoke rising and hearts floating above the cauldron.  We chose all DMC floss in different shades of pink. Bubbles in the cauldron and the centre of the smoke rising will be the new variegated 4180.  The sparkly metallic floss E818 will be used for the drips on the outside of cauldron, the bubbles inside and magic sparkles in the air.  Floating hearts will be a blend of E3685/normal 3685.  Jordyn thought the pinks in this chapter will balance well with the pinks in the teacup for Chapter 3.  I started stitching the potions last night, here is my progress so far.






1 comment: