Sunday 23 May 2021

ACNH - Nooklings

 Last Friday night, I finally started cross stitching again on my ACNH SAL.  I took a break before starting the special monthly characters because I wanted to design some backgrounds for them.  Stewart designed characters to fit inside the 12 open spaces on the island.  I'm using blue fabric and don't want it to look like water inside the island.  I thought I would just fill in around each character with a solid or variegated colour, but you know me, I have to  make it more complicated and personal.  I finally decided to design a background from the game to fit each character.

I’m not allowed to use Stewart’s images on my blog, please go look at Cunning Cross Stitch to see all of the special characters and his island layout.

January - Nooklings (Timmy and Tommy) are the first 2 special characters you meet in the game.  They are at the travel agent counter helping you choose your island layout and name and design for your character.  


After you are on the island for a few days, they eventually become owners of the Nook's Cranny store. 
Stewart created the characters to fill up most of the space, but I wanted to add something from inside their store as the background.  There is a huge green wooden cabinet with glass sliding doors where we can buy medicine (white/blue), tools (red box), trees (yellow pots), flower seeds (white/yellow), wallpaper (green/yellow rolls) and flooring (brown). 

Here is my finished January square, I’m very happy with how it turned out.











3 comments: