Sunday 12 December 2021

A Late Wedding Gift

The year is almost over and my Animal Crossing SAL is almost completed. 2022 Stewart is doing stand alone projects for each month. I won't be participating, but might save the patterns for another time.

Yesterday, I started a new project called Frederick the Literate. This is a late wedding gift to my son Jordyn and daughter-in-law Sarah who got married July 2020. At the time, I was working on the huge Harry Potter Stitch Your Own Adventure and Peppermint Purple Blackwork projects so I didn't have time to stitch them a wedding gift. Also, I didn't know what to stitch for them. After discussing it with them, we decided that I would stitch Frederick the Literate because the cat looks like one of theirs (Roman).

I bought this as a kit about 20 years ago but never got around to stitching it. I swapped the 14ct aida for 28ct Monaco (which I dyed black). Unfortunately they don't want a black background, they asked for a brown bookshelf as the background instead. So I didn't really need to dye the fabric, but I don't have any brown or white large enough for this project. The design size is 172st x 154st (13"w x 11"h).

This is Roman their cat.










This is what the project will look like when completed.












Here is my progress from yesterday (1st day). I'm starting in the top left corner of the bookshelf.






2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous design that has caught my eye before. I'm going to enjoy watchin you stitch this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this kit about 20 years ago too, but my sister stole it from me soon after to stitch for our brother when he got married. It does look stunning when complete, and seeing I was not able to enjoy my own progress I will enjoy watching yours instead! :)

    ReplyDelete