Tuesday 31 December 2019

2019 A Year in Review

2019 Stitching Review 
Not a great year for stitching, I only completed 4 projects.

1.  Just Nan’s Cardinal Tweet (replacement).  The first cardinal I gave to an ex coworker because she liked cardinals.
2.  Blue Jay (Just Nan’s Cardinal pattern but using blues).  This one I made because my Mom loved feeding the Blue Jays.  She passed away December 2015.

3.  Lesley Teare’s Anemone Blackwork SAL - 12 parts (12 weeks).  I LOVED working on this one because it is purple and that is my favourite colour.

4.  Lesley Teare’s Floral SAL 2019 - 12 parts (one per month).  I’m so happy I got this finished before the end of the year.


2019 Card Making Review
January - 1 birthday
February - 1 birthday
March - 1 birthday
April - 1 birthday 
May - 2 birthdays, 1 Mother’s Day
June - 4 birthdays
July - 3 friendship Day, 1 birthday
August - 1 birthday
September - 
October - 1 Mother-in-Law Day
November - 
December - 1 birthday, 20 Christmas 
I made 38 cards in total.

Other Hobbies in Review
Zentangle - I’m glad I tried it, but decided I don’t want to dedicate time to this hobby when it will take away from my other interests.
Gardening - we added several more shrubs, hostas and flowers throughout the summer. 
Jigsaw Puzzles - Dave & I assembled 10 puzzles (1000 pcs) over the winter months (January-April & December)
Colouring - I only used my colouring books a few times, but I did colour a lot when making my cards.
Video Games - I continued playing Animal Crossing on my Nintendo 3DS.  I’m trying to complete as many goals as I can in this game before the new Animal Crossing comes out on the Switch March 20, 2020.
My oldest son Jaspar talked me into playing some Nintendo Switch games with him.  We played Luigi’s Mansion 3 where I controlled Gooigi throughout the game.  It was very challenging for me, but I absolutely LOVED it!!  I also tried Pokemon Shield.  It is ok, but I got bored very quickly.  Then he had me playing some Goose game, that was kind of fun solving puzzles around a town.  I also tried playing Star Dew Valley, but I didn’t like it because it uses a clock/timer to make the days go fast.  You only have about 20 minutes per day.  I can’t play with a timer.  I like to play games at my leisure.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on what you achieved. Those little cardinals are super-cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had great accomplishments in 2019! Those little birdies are so sweet! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete