Wednesday 8 April 2020

SYOA - Hogwarts grass

I was going to wait to do the top portion of the SYOA Letters From Hogwarts SAL, because I don’t want to duplicate any items.  I will stitch only the items that I know will not be duplicated like Hogwarts Castle and the Hogwarts Express train.   I’m stitching the alternate version of Hogwarts designed by Robyn Davis for the Facebook Group.  This version is more detailed than the original one Stewart designed (shown below)

I have moved Hogwarts over so it is centred above the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff House Colours Swirls instead of above Gryffindor/Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff.  I am also stitching the ground below the castle in shades of olive greens to represent Spring grass.  This will add some more colour to the project.

I borrowed the photo below showing two different versions of the alternative castle stitched by Facebook Group members Pamela Barrier Reynold (top).
She changed the castle colours to browns from Stewart’s original castle chart.  I love how it looks, so I’m doing the same thing. 


Dawn Allen (bottom photo), she used the greys as charted in the alternative castle.

Here is mine.  I should be able to finish the green grass on the left side tonight.  Maybe start the castle above. 



1 comment:

  1. I do like the alternative castles. I love it when people adapt and embellish projects,

    ReplyDelete