Friday 10 April 2020

Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop

I’d like to say Thank You to Jo for hosting the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop.  Please go to Jo’s blog Serendipitous Stitching to start at the beginning of the Hop.

I’d like to share with you an Easter/Spring Exchange item I stitched back in 2014.  Here are a few close ups of the basket I created.  I took the flowers from one of my books, the 2 rabbits with the heart from another book and finally the egg shape from a third book.  I did my own design on the egg.  There are purple beads for the centre of the pink border flowers.  The bottom is stitched with the same 28ct coffee evenweave as the rest of the basket.
I lined the bottom and inside with purple fabric to match the purple on the bow and on the egg.  I added green buttons to the end of the handle for decoration, and a cable tie inside the handle to make it stand up.  I presented it inside a round easter tin from the Dollar Store.  I love how it turned out.



Here is my letter ...
\

The next blog is ... The Alchymyst’s Study


21 comments:

  1. Love your Easter basket Ann, so clever and pretty. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the letter B, great Beginning for this funny hunt! Joyeuses Pâques ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely basket Ann! Very pretty! Happy Easter!
    I’m not taking part this time but had to see what was happening. 😊
    Best wishes,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super basket Ann, thank you for your letter, Happy Easter 🐣

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in the Easter Treasure Hunt this year. I love the basket you made and the way the back lines up so nicely too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely basket. I'm sure the basket lasted longer than the chocolates inside it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, your basket turned out beautifully, I love it!
    Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cable tie idea is one I am going to remember and at some point use, not only pretty but very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful! Well done on finding the patterns exactly how you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful basket!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your letter. I love your Easter basket. Very creative stitching and finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job creating the basket, lovely stitching.
    Thank you for the letter

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Easter basket is so pretty - gorgeous colours. Happy Easter and thanks for the letter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a lovely basket and a good use of blending parts of other designs. I hope you had a good Easter and thank you for the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finally have time to hop along and collect letters. What a beautiful basket you created! Thanks for the letter. Off I go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's lovely. Thanks for the letter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's such a lovely basket! The colours are so nice and soft and I admire how the twho egg-halves line up to form a full egg. Thanks for the letter!

    ReplyDelete