Thursday 2 July 2020

Nonogram Cross Stitch SAL

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I have joined another cross stitch SAL.  I joined a Facebook group called Nerdstitchalong.  They just started a new SAL from July 1 to July 25.  The project is 50 x 50 stitches framed with full cross stitches.  Inside will be 25 boxes 10 x 10.  Each day she will post a nonogram puzzle to solve and then use this as the cross stitch pattern.  This is a mystery TV show, hopefully it isn’t a new show because I don’t have cable I just watch Netflix.  Most of the pattern will be words and the border, only box 18 and 23 will have a picture in it.  If you are interested in joining, or just to see what it is all about go to  https://www.facebook.com/groups/nerdstitchalong/. She has lots of other stitch alongs during the year.  This is the first time I’m participating because I love solving puzzles and this one intrigued me.  It took me a little while to understand how to solve a nonogram, but now I’m hooked.  You can try a sample at http://www.landofcrispy.com/nonogrammer/nonogram.html

I found a scrap piece of 28ct evenweave.  Mystery evenweave could be cream, antique white or ecru but it will work.  I have chosen 2 bright pinks and 2 different shades of blues.  Not sure which blue to use with the 2 bright pinks.  I’ll see as I go along.  We already have 2 blocks of the pattern to stitch.  I will start stitching tomorrow.

Let me know if you are participating so I can stop by and see your progress photos.


1 comment: