Saturday 4 July 2020

Let The People Choose - July 2020



I'd like to thank Jo at Serendipitous Stitching for hosting this monthly SAL.  This months theme is Most Popular Designer.

I have been stitching now for 25 years, surprisingly in all those years I have only stitched 223 projects as of last week.  Most of these were large projects when I first started stitching back in March 1995.  I am also a One at a time stitcher most of the time.  I might have a large project and take a small one for travelling.  This year I am doing 3 SALs, which is the first for me to have so many on the go.

Total Projects - 223
Dragon Dreams - 30 
Just Nan - 25
Country Cottage Needleworks - 13 Santa's Village
Sue Hillis - 6
Other designers - 149 

I have stitched more of Dragon Dreams since it was one of my favourite designers when I first started stitching.  Also both of my boys loved the dragon patterns, so I stitched a lot more of them.

These were all free charts years ago.  This is called 2001 Gemstone Dragons.  I stitched all 12 months for myself and about 8 individual ones for my sons and friends of theirs at the time.

The next project is called Dani the Stitching Dragon.  It was a free chart with no floss colours, she just gave us symbols.  It was a contest, everyone chose their own colours to stitch.  This was my entry.  I won an Honourable Mention and some free autographed patterns from the designer.  I eventually bought the published chart with the designers colour choices.  
Here are a few more free patterns Coffee is Magic and A Spot of Tea.  These still need to be framed.
Another free pattern called Sleeping Dragon.  One of the few projects I stitched using linen.  I'm not really a fan of linen because it is so uneven.  I don't personally like the look of the thin and thick threads weaved throughout the fabric.  I like my stitches to look the same.

I have shown the other large projects Not Forgotten (Noah's Ark with Mythological creatures) and Blackwork Dragon so I won't show them again.  I stitched all of the free Christmyth ornaments, here are a some of them (phoenix, fairy, griffon, giant, unicorn, dragon, mermaid).  





This is the last Dragon Dreams pattern I have stitched (in 2016).  It is a chart from the 2012 Christmas Ornament Magazine.  This pattern is called The Year of the Dragon.  I made it into a flat ornament.
 

3 comments:

  1. Great collection of stitching, do you keep a log of your stitching? I have no idea how much I've done, I'm not sure how long I've been stitching but it must be over 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Dragon Dreams is a real favourite of mine as well. Spot of Tea is so cute. Have you seen their 12 Dragonlets of Christmas series?
    25 Just Nan is pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful dragons, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete