Monday 29 March 2021

Animal Crossing - Project Design Size

I’m slowly still filling in the blue controller. I just started my 2nd skein of DMC 3766 blue floss.
Jo from Serendipitous Stitching was asking how large this project is, so I’m posting measurements in case anyone else is curious.
I’m stitching on 28ct evenweave (over 2). Stitch count is 309 stitches wide by 194 stitches high.  
Stewart’s original design which is just the island and logo attached in the centre at the top is 160 stitches wide by 150 stitches high.
Each joy con is 55 stitches wide by 194 stitches high. 
This is why I have used 3 skeins of DMC 954 floss so far on this full coverage controller.
I think I have used 3 skeins of black floss. It doesn’t look like a lot of black, but the top and bottom rows have 4 full rows of black and down the 2 sides it is 8 full columns of black, plus all of the black buttons.

I forgot to show everyone the birthday card I made for my husband Dave. His birthday was last Wednesday (24th). I found a garden colouring page online and used alcohol markers.


2 comments:

  1. Yup, that's a big piece! I can see why you're using a lot of thread!
    Lovely card too, I had to make cards for my husband for Valentine's and our Anniversary too. He didn't even realise the first one was hand made! Apparently it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of how you, or anyone, can stitch that size of project in hand! How do you deal with the weight and excess fabric?
    For me, any piece of fabric over 7" goes on a frame, not only to keep the fabric out of the way, but so that I can use my preferred two hand method of stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete