Friday 9 April 2021

April 2021

I’m sorry, I’ve been lazy with up dating my blog lately.  I also haven’t been stitching as much.  I have been playing my Animal Crossing video game instead and making birthday cards for family members.

I finally did some stitching last night, so I thought I would post some photos so far.

I am continuing to fill in the blue and green joy con controllers.  Michael’s had 4 skeins of DMC 954, so I bought all 4 of them and 1 more DMC 3766 just in case.  I should have enough floss to complete them both.


I also designed another small motif to go in the screen area.  There is a special character in the game named Pascal (otter). You give him scallops you find while deep sea diving for sea creatures.  He will give you mermaid DIY cards to craft items or he will give you mermaid clothes (dress & shoes).  He floats along in the water after you meet him, so I designed him floating.  Yes, I’m aware that he is not to scale but he would be too small to see any detail on him so he is a little larger.
 
This is what Pascal (otter) looks like in the Animal Crossing New Horizons game.
Here is a photo of him floating that I used as a reference.
I tried to design mine on an angle, but it was too much work so I created him vertically which I turned horizontally.  I’m very happy with how he turned out.  Stewart might create a larger design of him for one of the monthly spots, but it is OK.
Here is the over all project.  I think I have filled in enough dead space on the main screen.  I was going to try and finish the joy con controllers before starting the monthly special characters, but I think I will start them later this month (after the new one is released on April 15).









5 comments:

  1. Wow! It is really coming along now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really accomplished a lot on this project and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pascal is perfect, great designing. Although you say you haven't been stitching this project is growing so fast

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your floating otter! Good idea to do his face over one to get more details too.

    ReplyDelete