Sunday 3 July 2022

Let The People Choose - Pets

 




Thank you Jo at Serendipitous Stitching for hosting the Let The People Choose each month. The theme for July is Pets. 

As a child my family only had dogs. My husbands family had lots of animals living on a farm.  When we moved in together way back in 1985, we had 5 budgies. 
When our boys were young we had many different pets ... 

hamsters (Hammy & Digger). This is Digger, he was so sweet and didn't bite people.


guinea pigs (Eeyore, Popcorn & Jellybean). This is the habitat we built them.


red-eared slider turtle named Frodo who lived 12 years.


and this is the first fish tank (20 gallons).   


Now our boys are adults, but we still have a fish tank (75 gallons). We have a pleco (algae eater) named Waldo who is 16 years old and 5 clown loaches, but they don't have names.
  


I have stitched a few cats for my sister-in-laws back in 1998 & 2003.

and yes, I'm still working on Frederick the Literate for my son and daughter-in-law.


I stitched this turtle in 2006.














But my favourite is the Rainbow Bridge by Sue Hillis stitched in 2011.  This is a tribute to all of the pets we have loved over the years. I added extra animals to this project to make it personal (budgies, a hedgehog my sister had, a ferret that my sister's friend had and a nicer looking turtle). 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love the photos of your different pets. We had hamsters too. No real guinea-pigs, just the toy one!
    Your final sampler is a great idea to remember all the different animals in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love your little hamster, we had several of those.
    Frederick the Literate is one of my favourite designs to see other people stitch! Your personalised Rainbow Bridge sampler is a lovely idea too.

    ReplyDelete