Sunday 23 August 2020

SYOA - Chapter 4 - sweets - update #2

Last night I started stitching the Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans.  I’m not using the original chart from Stewart.  My son Jaspar and I don’t think they look realistic enough.  I was going to create some myself, but managed to find a pattern online that works.  They do look a lot bigger than the original ones, but at least these are more round/oval shaped.  They also use 3 different shades of colour (light, medium and dark) to give it some shape and 3D look.  I have chosen about 10 colours (x 3 for the different shades) to stitch the beans.  I want them to standout a bit from the other items in the chapter, so I chose greens that were not the same as the peppermint toad.  Tonight I will stitch some more beans.


 

1 comment: