Thursday 27 August 2020

More birthday cards

 I forgot to show these 2 cards I made for family birthdays in August.

The first one (August 16) for my brother-in-law (Dave's sister Diane's husband Greg) who loves to fish.  I created a fishing vest.  I looked at images on line and then made my own.  I used several die cut shapes to make all of the items ... 

  • "S" for worms
  • "J" for fish hooks
  • circles cut in half for bobbins, then add 2 smaller circles to top and bottom to match each end
  • 2 long stems glued together to make a fishing rod
  • added a string of Christmas lights for the hooks on fishing rod
  • glued white sewing thread to look like the fishing line goes through the hooks.

Fishing Vest card closed


Inside the card I used a goldfish stamp & die set.  I thought it was funny because he would never go fishing for goldfish.

Outside cover.

The second one (August 24) for my sister-in-law (Dave's brother Bob's wife Olivette) who loves the beach and cruises to warm locations. 

This one was fun because I got to colour with pencil crayons.  I printed 2 different beach colouring pages on white card stock.  I coloured the main scene, then added the palm tree, ship and sun from the other page that I coloured.  I framed the beach scene with seashell paper left over from my sister's mermaid card.  Found a fun Happy Birthday to colour, then framed around with green cardstock which was also used inside the card. 


Sunday, October 25 is Mother-in-law day.  I need to make a card for Dave's mom.

I usually make about 20 different Christmas cards each year.  I like to have choices when I mail them out.  

I also have one more birthday card to make at the end of the year.  My close friend Lisa turns 60 on December 30th.  

I also will need 3 birthday cards in the beginning of January (3, 10 and 19), so I need to get them done early.  I won't feel like making more cards after I do so many for Christmas.




2 comments:

  1. These cards are great! The fishing one is very original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented and creative when it comes to making cards!

    ReplyDelete