Tuesday 25 August 2020

SYOA - Chapter 4 - sweets - update #4

I finished all of the backstitching on the Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans and started stitching the table end/edge. I chose a beige a little darker than the fabric so it stands out as a shadow for the edge, but not too much that I have to stitch all of the table.  This way I hope the fabric looks like the table itself.
In case you were wondering how the chapter looks with all of the other ones, here is a photo of the whole project so far.
The only thing I’m not happy with on the whole project is the golden snitch. I stitched it in metallic floss over 1 thread to make it smaller, but I find it doesn’t stand out like everything else. I have decided when I have time I will frog it and restitch it over 2 threads. Not sure if I will use the metallic floss or not.  Other than that I love how the whole project looks all together.





3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see the whole piece, it really is very colourful! I am enjoying your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see it come together! I can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! Thanks for sharing the whole piece. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete