Thursday 26 November 2020

SYOA - Chapter 6 - Smoke & Wand - Happy Dances

Yesterday I stitched the smoke above the train.  I chose the same dark (DMC 04) and medium (DMC 03) grey that I used on the brick wall in The Three Broomsticks.  Then I added a lighter (DMC 02) grey to go with them.
Today I stitched my wand.  I tried to make the handle look like tree bark and the shaft to look like the inside part of the tree.  I’m happy with how it looks.

That is 2 things off my list.  Next will be the phoenix, but it will take me a few days.  My goal is to have it completed by the end of the weekend.


3 comments:

  1. The smoke looks fantastic and you made a good choice for the wand too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smoke make it look as if the train is coming at you, great effect. Your wand does look like bark, great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the smoke and wand look amazing. Definitely a gnarled bit of bark there! :)

    ReplyDelete