Thursday 5 November 2020

SYOA - Knight Bus - update #3

Well I thought I was all finished with the Knight Bus, but after looking at the photos, I noticed that I'm missing some backstitching around the Honey Dukes sign and I forgot to add the words KNIGHT BUS under the sign.








Here is the top portion showing the Knight Bus, Hogwarts Castle and the Hogwarts Express Train.  I'm happy with the symmetry on the top. I made the bus as tall as the tallest part of the train, but because the bus is flat on top it looks bigger than the train. I know the bus would look better if it was facing Hogwarts, but the back door only opens on this side and I wanted to show that in the design.  It looks like you show up to Hogwarts on the train and leave on the bus.






Here is the whole project so far.  I still want to add a Phoenix above Hogwarts, my wand under the Quidditch chapter, some letters on the side areas, and then all 7 books lined up at the very bottom.  I'll decide once all of that is stitched if I need to add any more letters since it is called Letters From Hogwarts.














I also haven't started Chapter 6 (which is all about your Patronus).  I took a test online and it says my Patronus is a horse.  I'm not surprised, since my Chinese Zodiac is also a horse.  I have decided that I will include the horse, but I love turtles.  We had a female Red-eared Slider turtle as a family pet for 12 years.  I thought it would be nice to add a turtle Patronus as well.  Not sure if it will be a pet turtle or a sea turtle.  I might also add more Patronuses flying around to look like several people have produced them at the same time.  

There are 3 different backgrounds for Chapter 6.  The Great Hall, the Room of Requirements and outside on the castle grounds.  I'm not sure which one to do yet.  I'm also thinking of making my own background, maybe the Defense against the Dark Arts Classroom.  We saw it a lot in the movies since there was a new DADA teacher each year.

1 comment:

  1. The bus looks fabulous! Looking forward to seeing how you finish the final letter.

    ReplyDelete