Wednesday 11 November 2020

SYOA - Knight Bus - Happy Dance

I can’t believe how long it took me to stitch the Knight Bus.  It looks so straight forward by my design.  My computer screen shows the floss colours different than in real life, so I had to change the floss on my design as I was test stitching it.  I’m very happy with the results, even with all of the frogging.

Here is the Knight Bus when we last left off.  My oldest son Jaspar complained he couldn’t read the light green letters on the pink sign.  He said it was like doing one of those colour blind tests, so of course the perfectionist in me had to frog all of the letters (and green backstitching that you can’t see in the photo). At first I tried to backstitch the letters with dark green in stead of frogging, but hated the look, so after frogging I went with a dark green (699) without backstitching (to save a little bit of time.  As you can see in the 2 photos below, the dark green letters are a lot easier to read.
This morning I finished the Knight Bus letters.  The backstitching got lost, so I used long stitches instead to create letters.
Here is the whole project so far.  If you are wondering how large this project is, the photo is taken with the fabric tucked into my reclining chair seat.  It takes up the whole seat area and I will be adding more to the top portion and bottom portion, so it will be really long when completed sometime next year. 

I thought I was getting closer to finishing the top portion, but Jaspar said the train looks like it needs something above it to balance it with the long flat top on the Knight Bus.  I only wanted to add designs that were either Stewart Cunningham’s originals or my own, but someone did create a design for smoke billowing out of the top of the train.  So to save me time with reinventing the wheel as they say, I will use their free design that was posted on the Facebook group.  I love asking my sons’ for their opinions on my projects, even though it does usually mean I will be doing more work.  :)




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your mini Happy Dance! The Knight Bus looks great, especially with the darker lettering. And it's good to see the size of the whole project. Good luck for the final chapter and the numerous motifs you are planning on adding. I think it's one of those projects where, if you're not careful, it could go on and on and on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely a good idea to redo the lettering, it's nice to have a second pair of eyes to look at the design and appreciate your work!

    ReplyDelete