Wednesday 2 January 2019

Christmas ornaments I made in 2018

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I made 14 ornaments.  I will now show photos and tell you what DMC colours I used.

Samantha loves purple as much as I do so her ornament had to be purple.  She is married to Rob and they have 4 cats.  I made a cube ornament on 28ct Lavender Lugana.  I made the cording with DMC 3887 purple floss and DMC 52 variations purple floss using the Kreinik corder.  I had so much fun making this one using different patterns I found in my books or online.  I also signed it with my initials and date.  I LOVE how it turned out! I think I will make one for my son Jordyn and his fiancé Sarah sometime but in red and/or blue.






Kristine loves pink.  I found the pattern on line, but I changed the arrangement so the second side wouldn’t look exactly the same and I added my initials and date.  I don’t like how it lost it’s shape when I assembled it into an ornament.  I only made the one because it took too much time to make.  It was stitched on 28ct white Lugana using DMC 315 floss.  I made the cording using DMC 99 pink variation floss and DMC E316 pink metallic.






Jaimie also likes pink, but I didn’t want them to look exact.  I found an ornament that didn’t take as much time to stitch.  This one I created the pattern as I stitched, that is why the center isn’t square, but no one else will notice after it was assembled.  Cording was made from the same DMC 315 pink floss in ornament and DMC 316 pink metallic floss. 




Jaimie is a single mom to an 8 year old girl named Avery.  As you can see I made 2 smaller ornaments.  I gave one to Avery and I kept the other one for my tree.  I stitched both on 28ct white evenweave.  Cording was made from DMC green floss 319, 367, 369 and DMC E699 green metallic floss.






Nathan also got the same shaped ornament as Jaimie but in red.  I stitched it in red because it is a Christmas colour.  I created this pattern myself and signed it with my initials and date.  I stitched it on 28ct white evenweave using DMC 321 red floss and DMC E321 red metallic floss.




Patricia loves blue so I knew what colour to use.  I found a pattern online that I liked.  Both sides are supposed to be the same but I made the front with 3 shades of blue and the back with only 2 shades.  I signed the back with my initials and date.  I’m not happy that it didn’t keep it’s shape when I assembled it into the ornament.  I stitched it on 28ct white evenweave using DMC 825, 813 & 827 floss.  Cording was made using DMC 121 variations floss and DMC 824 floss.






Sue - I didn’t know what colour was her favourite.  I really like humbug patterns and wanted to stitch it.  By the time I was finished I knew it would be perfect for Sue.  I stitched this on 28ct blue linen using DMC 825 floss.  Cording is made with DMC 825 blue floss and DMC E825 blue metallic floss.






David I stitched 2 squares (modified from a pattern found online) and sewed them together and shaped it like a bell.  I added some beads and a bell.  It was a little bulky when you have 6 layers in the corners (2 squares and trim on 2 sides of each corner).  I only made the one using DMC 3848 & 3849 floss.  Cording was made using DMC 3848 floss and DMC E3849 metallic floss.




Melanie loves purple and I already stitched a purple ornament in June but still needed to be assembled.  After I figured out how to assemble it, it became my last minute ornaments to stitch.  I LOVED how this pendible ornament turned out, I will be making another one for myself this year.  I stitched it on 28ct white Lugana using DMC 211.  Cording is made from DMC 211 floss and DMC E211 metallic floss.  I forgot to sign it when I stitched it, but I added my initials and date after it was assembled.  It was harder to do, but not impossible.






Jim got a red pendible ornament because it was easy to make at the last minute.  I stitched this pattern on 28ct white Lugana using DMC 321 floss.  Cording was made with DMC 321 floss and DMC E321 metallic floss.  I used the same squares in a row like the purple one for Melanie above, but the rest is my own creation.




Chris also got a pendible ornament because it was easy to make at the last minute.  I stitched his on 28ct white Lugana using DMC 3886 floss.  Cording is made from DMC 3886 floss and DMC E718 metallic floss.  The pattern is the same one I used above for Jim.  I made Chris’ this colour because he lives with his wife and 3 daughters, so I figured their tree would be more feminine.




Adam I made another pendible ornament but in blue.  I found a pattern in one of my magazines for a corner motif which I used for the front of the ornament, but the back I used the same small snowflake from Melanie’s purple pattern above.  This was stitched on 28ct blue linen (like Sue’s ornament) using DMC 825 floss.  Cording is made from DMC 825 floss and DMC E825 metallic floss.




I was worried I needed more ornaments so I stitched an extra one in red and green.  This pattern is another one of my creations, it is similar to Jim & Chris’ ornament.  I stitched it on 28ct white Lugana using DMC 321 & 319 floss.  Cording was made using DMC E321 & E699 metallic floss.







1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, so many ornaments! They are all lovely, but I think I like the cat face one the best!

    ReplyDelete