Monday 18 May 2020

Animal Crossing New Horizons Birthday card

Today my youngest son Jordyn turns 26.  We haven’t seen him since March (for Dave’s birthday), but I talk too him when we play Animal Crossing New Horizons.  I find it hard to choose topics for my sons birthday cards.  

This year I made him a card that looks like an island from our new video game Animal Crossing New Horizons.  I was trying to create different elevations with different green paper and my island design is not to scale.  The white rectangles represent the 2 stores. Nook’s Cranny for furniture, tools, wallpaper, flooring and flower seeds.  The Able sisters is where you can buy or design your own clothes.  There is a Museum to donate bugs, fish and dinosaur fossils.  Resident Services for help and bank machine is inside here.  I also added houses.  You have a house (and mortgage) to decorate.  It is called Animal Crossing because your Villagers are all animals. Maximum villagers on the island is 10.  I made Jordyn’s house red because it is his favourite colour.  I just added extra house to represent some villagers.

When you start playing the game you receive 4 random islands to choose from. There are over 80 random islands, so usually you don’t get the same one as your friends/family you are playing with. My son Jordyn and his fiancé Sarah we’re both choosing their islands at the same time and didn’t realize they both chose the exact same island. They were both surprised, and happy that they got different starter fruit trees and their airports are different colours.  So strange, what are the chances?

Inside I added 4 coloured balloons with gifts because in the video game we shoot down these balloons with a slingshot to receive items ... 

Yellow balloons usually have money ($1000,$5000,$10,000).
Blue balloons usually give you crafting items (iron, clay).
Red balloons sometimes will give you recipes to make with the crafting items.
Green balloons furniture (bed, wardrobe).

This is what the balloons look like in the game.

When I play later today, I will mail him a gift in the game.

1 comment: