Saturday 2 May 2020

Let The People Choose - Fire



Well it is that time again ... first Saturday of a new month.  I can’t believe it is already May.  I’d like to thank Jo at Serendipitous Stitching for hosting this event each month.  I don’t get to participate very often, but this topic I have a few things to share with everyone.

Fire can mean several things, but this is how I’m interpreting it.

A Phoenix is a bird that rises from the ashes and can burst into flames.  I have stitched 2 phoenixes and I will be stitching one of them for the second time this year for the SYOA Letters From Hogwarts project.  Both of these are designed by Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams.  One of my favourite Canadian cross stitch designers.  

The phoenix in  “Not Forgotten” is one of my favourites.  I have shown it many times over the years.  I stitched this for a friend who loves Noah’s Ark and I love fantasy creatures.  This is the same phoenix I will add to my SYOA project at the top, left of Hogwarts castle.
The next 2 are small free Christmyth ornaments patterns are found here designed by Dragon Dreams.
Phoenix Christmyth Ornament

Salamander Christmyth Ornament

































Dragons also breath out fire, so here you will see all 12 months of the 2001 Gemstone Dragons that I stitched for myself and several individual ones for my sons.  These were free way back in 2001, but now are only available to purchase.  I used DMC Rayon floss to represent the shiny gemstones.

Jaspar's birthday dragon

Jordyn's birthday dragon

The next project is a Fire Station called “Proud To Be On Duty” which I stitched for my youngest son Jordyn when he was going through a Dalmatian stage.  He would watch the 101 Dalmatians all the time.  I didn’t want to stitch something cute that he would out grow, so I found this one with a Dalmatian dog guarding the fire station.

The last one is a book mark that I designed for my oldest son Jaspar when he was young.  He liked flames, so he helped me design his name surrounded by flames.





5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love that Noah's Ark, especially the dragons.
    The little freebies are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the dragons and the salamander is such a great idea for this post. Of course fire station looks great with the dalmatien dogs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete