Monday 25 May 2020

SYOA - Chapter 3 - Time Turner

I got quite a bit done yesterday.  I finished the 4 ancient runes and started the time turner.  I stitched the necklace chain part using one of my DMC metallic gold floss.  I started stitching the time turner with metallic, but had a hard time getting it to look right, so I pulled out the metallic and used DMC 729 instead.  I’m happy with it so far.  What do you think?  Can you see the detail or should I use a darker gold thread or lighter because of the brown fabric?  Should I leave the metallic gold for the chain or redo it with a gold thread instead.  I’m looking for honest opinions please, even if I need to frog. :)
Here is a close up of the time turner and ancient runes.  
It looks better in real life, but doesn’t show up in the photo as much.



1 comment:

  1. I love your rune stones!
    I have to be honest and say the gold doesn't show up terribly well in the photo. Have you considered stitching a line of brown around the yellow/gold? So it looks woven in the thread?

    ReplyDelete