Tuesday 5 May 2020

SYOA - Chapter 3 - elective classes

If you are interested in these patterns, you can get them at Cunning Cross Stitch.   There is also a Facebook group which you can join to get alternative patterns, discuss the project and get inspired from seeing what other stitcher’s have changed in their project.

Chapter 3 was released on May 1.  It is a smaller area at the bottom right of the project.  This chapter is all about Elective Classes.  specifically Divination, Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures.  Here are the choices I had to choose from.

Divination - reading tea leaves and looking into a crystal ball are things you will learn in this class.  We are given enough space to add 3 pictures made from tea leaves to use for the tea cup.  Stewart created 10 pictures for us to choose from.

Ancient Runes - is all about learning how to read ancient languages.  We are given enough space to add a message with a maximum of 10 letters.  Stewart also created an alphabet for us to use.

Care of Magical Creatures - is learning about unusual animals.  We were given the following 4 options.
1. Niffler - is an animal that searches for treasures.
Niffler looks for treasures
2. Unicorn - is a beautiful and mystical animal.

3. Thestral - is a skeletal horse that can only be seen by someone who has watched someone die. 

4. Hypogriff - the front is an eagle and the back half of a horse.

I have decided to combine all 3 classes into the space.  I know it seems like a lot, but I find it a challenge to add more than is necessary.
Divination - tea cup (grim, skull and falcon tea leaves) sitting on top of the book called Unfogging the Future.
Ancient Runes - letters will spell SYOA.  I had to change the colours of 2 of the runes because I want to use all 4 colours.
Care of Magical Creatures - I designed a Monsters Book of Monsters (furry book with teeth).  I hope the book will look better after it is stitched to look like brown fur.  I plan to use the magical animals somewhere else in my project (possibly at the bottom).
I also designed a Time Turner like Hermione used in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, so she could take extra classes.  It is hard to see because I only used  backstitched.  It will show up better when I add all of the metallic gold thread.
This is the toy stuffed version of the Monster Book of Monsters for anyone who doesn’t know what it looks like.
This is the Time Turner I was trying to design.











2 comments:

  1. Wow. Love the way you combined all the things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need that Time Turner to fit all your classes in! There is a lot of thought gone into designing this SAL.

    The teacup and leaves would make a lovely card for someone on it's own.

    ReplyDelete