Wednesday 10 June 2020

Peppermint Purple (Green) - week 21

Tonight I did some stitching on Peppermint Purple SAL.  I stitched the block for week 21.  I noticed that the border is off by one stitch on this row and the one below.  I adjusted the block before this one (week 20) and thought it was only that one, but no it is all the rest of the borders that I stitched.  I guess I have some frogging to do.

Here is the whole project.  If I were to ever stitch this project again, I would use a darker thread for inside the blocks.  I find the lighter green looks lost.  I have seen some on Facebook that have used 2 colours in each block to show more detail in the blackwork.  For example block 2, they stitched the lines inside the weave and the “x” inside the boxes with a different colour than the border on each weave.  I’m tempted to frog and restart, but I already did that enough at the beginning and I don’t want to waste time or floss.  :)






 

2 comments:

  1. Please don't frog any, I think it looks great, the various shades give it depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't frog, I think your colours look lovely. Glad you discovered the border issue before you stitched any more of them!

    ReplyDelete