Tuesday 2 June 2020

SYOA - Chapter 3 - Teacup - update #10

I finished stitching all of the lighter pinks (2 different shades - DMC 818 and 963).  Then started to add the new left edge of the teacup.  Stewart‘s original design didn’t show the full teacup because it kind of stopped at the bottom, but since I moved mine to the top of the parchment I felt it needed to have another side so I added a left edge with green vines.  I had to frog some of the darker pink so there would be room for the green vines and pink flowers (rose buds?).  Today I will try to finish the teacup.  I love the crack and chip in the china teacup, it makes it seem well loved because it was used so many times.  Any thoughts on the backstitching I used on the teacup?  I used the same pink around the edge of the rim.  It blends in and not noticeable.  Do you think I should make it darker. So the handle stands out from the cream in the parchment?  I did the same thing with the runes, stitching them with the darker shades of purple, orange, blue and green.  I don’t mind the runes, just find the teacup handle is not as defined.



1 comment:

  1. Yes the crack and chip do add character and I think a darker backstitch would make is stand out more

    ReplyDelete