Thursday 31 December 2020

2020 - A Year in Review

I have heard a lot of people complaining that this year has been so long. I definitely don’t feel this way at all. I feel like the year has flown by. 

It was definitely a productive cross stitch year. I went for quality, not quantity this year and completed 10 projects and 2 of those took all year to complete.

Just Nan
Miss Pansy Mouse (Spring)



















Rosebud Tweet


















Frosty Snow Mouse (Winter)



















Miss Strawberry Mouse (Summer)



















Miss Ghostly Pumpkin Mouse (Autumn).  Just realized I haven't assembled this mouse yet.  Maybe I should get it done for January's FFG.












UFO
Plaid Trousers
























Clare's Flower Bouquet Ornaments
Purple Clematis



















Red Poppy



















Year long SALs
Peppermint Purple SAL





































SYOA - Letters From Hogwarts SAL (Harry Potter)





































Other Hobbies
  • Card Making - I estimated that I needed 47 cards this year. I made 21 new ones and used 10 extra Christmas ones I made several years ago.
  • Reading - I met my challenge and read over 50 books this year (actually 60)
  • Theatre Scrapbooks - are now all up to date, ready for when we can go back to watching live theatre performances.
  • Colouring Books - I didn’t colour once a month in them. I did 1 autumn page and I coloured on quite a few cards.
  • Puzzles - we completed 2 of the 7 we had, and bought a few new ones too which we have also completed. So we still have some left for the winter months.
  • Gardening - not a very productive year (too hot and dry), but we had fun trying to grow some new flowers. I finally got my Four O’Clock flower seeds to grow and even collected the seeds from the plants I grew for next summer. These are flowers my Grandma grew every year when I was a child.
  • Video Games - I started playing Animal Crossing New Horizons (Nintendo Switch). 
  • Blogging - I blogged 273 times for 2020 and only 117 in 2019.

4 comments:

  1. Considering how much time was spent on SYOA, you had an amazing year of stitching and other hobbies. Here's hoping 2021 is just as successful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your finishes! I'd forgotten about some of the early ones! I hope 2021 is just as productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic wrap up. Love all your beautiful progress and stitching. Good luck in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work, I am surprised you found time to stitch anything other than the magnificent Harry Potter Sampler! The mice are super cute too.

    ReplyDelete