Tuesday 12 January 2021

Animal Crossing - JewelBeach & Jade - Happy Dance

Sunday, I finished Jade's head (that's all I designed) and then backstitched my island name JewelBeach. I love how these turned out.  I did change the eyes a bit as I was stitching them.  I tried blending a green and brown strand of floss for hazel eyes, but didn't like the way they looked, so I stitched green around the outside of eyeball and brown on the inside.  I like it much better this way.







I started stitching on my island. I stitched one of the rocks to get my count correct.  I will alternate between doing the rocks along the top (back of my island), the sandy beach around the outside of the island (left, front and right sides), and the green grass map area on the inside of the island.  Hopefully if I do little areas, I will be able to count and less frogging.  

Here is a closeup of my island start.  I changed the colour of the rocks from 452 (beige) to 413 (dark grey).




This is a closeup of how the grass looks like in the Animal Crossing game.  There are 3 different colours.  Stewart also designed the grass map area with 3 different colours.  Main green (704), lighter triangles (471) and darker triangles (310).  I am already doing so much more stitching on this project, that I decided to make my life easier and blend 2 greens together 1 strand of 704 + 1 strand of 471 to make the grass pattern.  Personally, I think the black is too much of a contrast to the greens.

Here is a closeup of Jade standing on the sandy beach in the game.  Stewart’s design uses 3855 (yellow gold colour).  I am also going to try blending  1 strand of 3855 + 1 strand of 437 (light brown).  We’ll see how I like it after I cross the half stitches I did on the top portion of the beach area.










2 comments:

  1. You did a really good job on Jade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about removing black from the grass; it seems a bit extreme. Good luck with the changes you've made. Blended threads are always a good alternative. Oh, and congrats on your two mini Happy Dances! :)

    ReplyDelete