Sunday 7 February 2021

Let The People Choose - Birds



I always forget to do this SAL on the first Saturday of each month.  I only remember when I start seeing everyone else do their blog post.

Thank you Jo at Serendipitous Stitching for hosting this SAL each month.  
Next month's theme is Spring.

I didn’t think I had stitched that many bird projects until I went through my list of finished projects.  I actually have 18 projects with a bird in them.  I won't show them all because you have seen some recently.  I will list them all but only show some of them in photos.

Garden Goose stitched way back in 1997 and I have never shown a photo before.  My mother-in-law had dishes with geese on them and she was collecting geese figurines for awhile, so I stitched this for her.


 











Red Tailed Hawk was stitched in 2001 for my oldest son Jaspar.  It still hangs in his bedroom (in our house).
























Backyard Birds Pillow was stitched in 2005 for my sister-in-law Olivette.  She likes birds and nature.  I made it into a pillow for her.























Four Seasons Birds which I stitched in 2011 for my husband Dave.  It hangs in our upstairs hallway.














Hummingbird Biscornu was also stitched in 2011.  I just loved the colours.























Rainbow Bridge was also stitched in 2011 for myself.  It is a tribute to all of our pets.  I added a few budgies to the project because Dave & I had 5 before we had children.





































In 2015 I participated in a Summer Exchange.  I made this Welcome Pillow which has a blue bird on it.
























Other projects you have already seen on my blog.

I stitched the Green Flip-its, which has a bird in the part called Keep Our Air Clean

I have stitched the following Just Nan 3D miniature birds and owls which you have seen photos before.
Birds
Cardinal Tweet (x2) & Blue Jay
Bluebird Tweet & Rosebud Tweet

Owls
Oakley Owl & Little Princess Snow

Let The People Choose - Fire I showed everyone the Dragon Dreams phoenix ornament, and the beautiful phoenix from Not Forgotten which I used on the SYOA Harry Potter project.

I am off to see what others have stitched for the bird theme.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I think you have the most birds in one piece for your cushion cover!
    Having seen the variety of designs for this SAL I have realised that I do enjoy stitching birds and feel there will be more in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such pretty birds in your stitched collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great collection of birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely collection of stitched birds Ann, I love that first Garden Goose picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic collection of beautiful pieces. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The backyard birds in the pillow and the hummingbirds are my favorites. You have a wonderful colection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to see some much older pieces. It's definitely a varied collection of birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful collection of birds!

    ReplyDelete