Sunday 5 January 2020

Let The People Choose - Lizzie*Kate

This is the first time I am participating in the following SAL, which is hosted each month by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  I have never participated before because I didn’t have anything to show for the topic each month.  


January’s topic is Lizzie*Kate, personally I’m not a fan of her designs.  They are nice and quick to stitch, and for that reason most of my local stitching friends have all stitched her designs.  I prefer more complicated designs, but in 2016 I did feel the need to stitch the Green Flip-Its because my husband Dave and our youngest son Jordyn both work for Waste Management (a garbage & recycling company).  Dave works from home (Head Office is in Houston, Texas) and Jordyn drives a garbage truck for one of the regions (Mount Forest, Ontario).  We believe in helping the environment, so I thought they were worth stitching.  The project was on my FFG list, I found a frame today that fit (10" x 20").  I will hang this in Dave's home office.













I have also received the following 2 stitched gifts of Lizzie*Kate designs.

A few years ago, I received this gift from Rita (a local stitching friend).  She did a beautiful job finishing the design into a little pillow.  I believe it is a Lizzie*Kate design.  Please let me know it I'm wrong, but to me it looks like the same style.















In 2015, I won a this lovely box stitched by Angela at Hooked on Stitches (blog doesn’t seem to exist anymore).  





6 comments:

  1. Glad you found a month you could join in! The Green series look so much better stitched as a set with the additional writing than individually. Good luck with the framing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice for the first time, it's always nice to have a new participant. Maybe you will have a penguin for next month too?
    The Green series does look good all stitched together and it was perfect for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making feel welcome. Not sure how many times I’ll participate. It will depend on the subject.

      Delete
  3. That is the perfect piece for your husband and son! I'm glad you found one that you liked. The two gifts you received are lovely.

    ReplyDelete