Friday 24 January 2020

SYOA - Letters to Hogwarts

I finally got my fabric for the Stitch Your Own Adventure (SYOA) - Letters from Hogwarts.  I am using 28ct Lugana Light Taupe (fat half - 39” x 27”).  I started gridding the fabric last night.  I only did the center lines and then every 50 stitches.  Otherwise I’d be wasting all my time gridding and no stitching.  I’m way a behind in this SAL.  Cunning Cross Stitch released the top, frame and wand back in August 2019.  The first chapter was released on January 1, 2020.  I only found out about this SAL over the Christmas holidays (late December).

I’m not on Facebook so I cannot see other stitcher’s progress, but I have found some stitchers on instagram and twitter showing their progress.  After seeing some stitchers make changes to the Hogwarts castle so it has more detail, a phoenix for Fawkes, a frog, different owls.  I LOVE making projects personal, so I’m making lots of changes.  I am using Pattern Maker by HobbyWare to place everything correctly.  I’m still working on the changes, so no stitching yet.  I’d rather spend more time on the pattern instead of frogging.  

Here is a photo showing half of the fabric with grid lines.  The lighting is terrible in my craft room.  I’ll try to take a few photos tomorrow in the daytime.

Here is a close up so you can see the colour of the fabric.  I am really happy with it.


No stitching tonight.  We are watching Zombieland Double Tap.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck getting it all setup the way you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's nice to see the raw piece of fabric, and good luck with all the gridding and placing. I've heard about this SAL and, although it's Hogwarts, haven't looked into it at all. I shall enjoy watching your grow bit by bit instead, :)

    ReplyDelete