Friday 31 January 2020

Smalls SAL - January

I’d like to thank Mary for hosting this event each month.  If you’d like to join, you can find all the information about this SAL at Mary’s Thread.

I am slowing working through my Just Nan Limited Edition 3D Miniature mice.  I decided to stitch the Frosty Winter Mouse because it is still winter.  This was sold as a kit (Frosty Winter Mouse in a House).  It takes too long to stitch the houses, so for now I will just stitch the mice in the series.  Some day I might go back and stitch the houses to go with them.

Tuesday night (Jan. 28), I started stitching.  Here is my progress after the first night.
Wednesday night, I finished all the cross stitching.  Here is my progress after the second night.

Thursday night, I finished adding the beads (silver crystal and white pearl).  Another Happy Dance!!  This is my 4th finish of the year already.

I hope to have the mouse assembled for the next Fully Finished Gallery SAL (Feb. 10).

After completing the beads on Frosty, I still had some time to work on SYOA (Harry Potter) Hufflepuff banner/house crest.  I finished the white and black on the badger, but instead of finishing the letter H, I started the vertical trim on the right edge of the banner.  Next time I will try to finish the dark colour (DMC 3371) at the bottom of the badger’s neck and the letter H.



15 comments:

  1. Your Just Nan mouse is adorable and perfect for winter display. Your Hufflepuff wip looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the Just Nan. Adorable! Great progress on the banner too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet white mouse for Winter and great start on your SYOA piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Just Nan mice are so adorable and this one is no exception. I can't wait to see it assembled! You made some good progress on your banner too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mice are so sweet. I decided to only collect the Autumn and Hallowe'en themed ones, with their little houses.
    The badger is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I will be stitching the Autumn mouse later this year.

      Delete
  6. Your mouse is so cute! I love the Just Nan mice, they are darling little things. Thanks for joining the SAL this month! I can't wait to see the finished mouse and all your mice coming up this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Mary. I’m looking forward to having all the Just Nan mice stitched and assembled, so I can do the other Just Nan items in my stash.

      Delete
  7. Your mouse is going to be a very pretty one. Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for yet another Happy Dance. Four already, and the year is still young! :)

    ReplyDelete