Thursday 30 January 2020

Replying to comments on blogger

Hi everyone.  First I'd like to say "Thank You" to anyone who has posted a comment on my blog this past month.  I really do appreciate it.

I usually visit updated stitching blogs daily, but I rarely leave comments.  In the past, I have spent so much time writing a comment and then it doesn't work.  It becomes time consuming rewriting (and you never remember what you just said), so I get discouraged and don't want to leave comments.  Today, I am having issues replying to comments on own blog.

Here is a screen shot of my settings on blogger.  Any help would be appreciated.  You can email me if you can't figure out how to leave a comment.  :)

I have tried changing Embedded (but then I don't see the word reply under each comment).

I changed who to Anyone because I thought this was an issue stopping me or anyone else from replying.

I even changed Moderation to Never so that wouldn't stop me from seeing any comments.





7 comments:

  1. I just sent you an email. We will hopefully figure this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I can finally reply to comments on my blog.

      Delete
    2. Just so you know if you comment on here a lot of us don't see it. Replying via email is a lot more common. The only way I got the notification that you replied was because I hit the notify me button on the bottom of this box. But a lot of people don't do that. If you want a private reply doing it via your email program is a lot better.

      Delete
  2. I can't see you've done anything wrong, it's probably just a Blogger Glitch!
    I would change the Who Can Comment back to just Google Accounts as it keeps the spam down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your help, I will change it back to just Google Accounts.

      Delete
  3. Another thing - if you habitually reply to comments on your own blog rather than by email, the chances are people won't come back to see them.
    I can barely keep up with new posts people make, I don't return to see if there has been a reply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I can finally reply to comments on my blog.

      Delete