Saturday 25 January 2020

SYOA - Hufflepuff House crest

I finally started stitching today.  It is going very slowly.  I thought I got rid of the frogs by the time I finished Rosebud Tweet, but they are back.  I have pulled out as many stitches as I have put in.  Can’t seem to count today.
You can still join in with all the fun, here is the link to Cunning Cross Stitch.  I have added a photo of what is released so far, so you have time to catch up.  You will see throughout the year all the changes I have made to the top of my project.  It is supposed to be personal that is why it is called Stitch Your Own Adventure.  No two projects will be the same, as no two people think the same or like the same things.

Chapter 1 - I chose Hufflepuff because I am LOYAL to my friends and to my stitching projects (I try to stitch one at a time until they are complete).



Here is a close up.  I keep having issues with the black, which means the lighter yellow is wrong too.  I just removed a column of light yellow on the far left along the black.  I’m restarting that column, see now the black needs to come out and restitched.  Maybe I should do a small area at a time instead of outlining with black first.  If I do all 3 colours together I will see the mistakes faster, which means less to pull out later.

This shows where it is placed on the fabric.  I’m starting in the middle.  It is hard to hold that much fabric when stitching.  I try to do the sewing method more when in hand.  But I do prefer the look of the stitches when they are done by the stab method.   I will check tomorrow to see if I have a scroll frame large enough to hold it.



4 comments:

  1. This project is amazing! I wish I was a bigger Harry Potter fan but Discworld is my fandom.
    ps I'm Ravenclaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am hooked - this seems to be my year to start SALs! Love what you are doing - I am Gryffindor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a project. I will enjoy cheering you along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! (for two reasons). Firstly, sorry to hear about more frogging. Once you really get going it should be a lot smoother. And secondly, I like what I'm seeing so far and the temptation is growing... :)

    ReplyDelete