Monday 10 February 2020

FFG - February


Thanks to Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher for hosting this SAL again this year.

Rosebud Tweet stitched

Rosebud Tweet assembled

Frosty Snow Mouse stitched
Frosty Snow Mouse assembled.  He is supposed to be a snowman with a carrot nose.

I love his little scarf and purple mittens.

He also has a cute pompom on his hat.

Spring Mouse, actually called Miss Pansy Mouse stitched.


Here is Miss Pansy assembled.  Now that I look at her up close, the purple on her belly is kind of weird, but that is because she was supposed to be stitched on purple (I forgot to change fabric colour, I had stitched the house on white evenweave and continued on the same piece of fabric).

I love all the purple, especially the new tails that Just Nan used in these kits.  I do think the flower stand out more on white fabric.



I didn’t stitch this, but I assembled it into a pillow, so I think it should count towards my FFG projects.  :)
This is a project that my close friend Lisa received sometime in the 80’s from a friend she grew up with in Alaska.  She showed this to me in December.  She wants to keep it, but it is out dated and would like to make it into a pillow some day.  Me being a cross stitcher and not enough things to do, told her I’d take care of it for her.  I took it home and that same night stitched the rectangle box around the pattern.  Then I had to figure out what stitch size it was so I could match the amount of stitches for the back panel.  I finished it in 2 days and gave it to her the next time I saw her, but just remembered to take a photo of finished pillow at the end of January.

The front is stitched on 14ct cream, ivory or antique white aida.

I used 28ct lavender or lilac evenweave to finish the back panel.  I happen to LOVE purple so this reminds her of me.

She LOVES it because it is from 2 of her cross stitching friends, one from her past where she grew up with in Anchorage, Alaska, USA and one from the present, after she moved to Cambridge, Ontario, Canada when she married a Canadian.  I have known her now 27 years.  We met when my oldest son was 3 months old and have been friends ever since.

10 comments:

  1. Those mice are adorable! I love the little scarf and pom-pom hat.
    The Tweet is great too.
    Nice way to repurpose the older design too. RJ and Mary do a lot of that on their joint blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your finishes are lovely! The mice and the tweet are so colorful and the pillow is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic finishes! How nice of you to finish off the precious moments into a newer updated finish for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in this SAL again! I love little Rosebud Tweet, and the mice are really cute too. The little pillow was a lovely act of kindness and has certainly given the design a new lease of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the Precious Moments. It's given it new life! I also love the Just Nan ornies. I'm always impressed with the little mouse finishes. I want to go back through your blog and look at all your Just Nan posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely story about finishing your friend's pillow for her. Love the mice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pillow and those mice are adorable! Lovely work. I grew up near London, about 90 minutes from Cambridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness, such adorable mice! You finished them beautifully.
    Great job on changing your friend's piece to a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute finishes! I love those Just Nan smalls. The mice are darling!

    ReplyDelete