Saturday 29 February 2020

Peppermint Purple SAL - Green Version




Happy Leap Year Day!!

This is the 2nd SAL I joined this year and again I’m late to the party, but only 9 weeks late.  There is lots of time to catch up because the patterns are released once a week for 52 weeks (1 year).  The patterns are FREE, but only available through The Peppermint Purple SAL Group Facebook group.  

I have been watching this SAL grow throughout the month of January and February over at the following blogs ...
 A Stitching Grandma - Cathy is stitching hers in different colours
 Tangled Threads - Rhona is stitching hers in variegated blues
Bonnie’s World - Bonnie is stitching hers in red with a black border

Please leave me a comment if you are also stitching this project, I’d love to stop by and see your version. 

I asked Dave to help me choose a colour..  He doesn’t have a favourite, but he LOVES his Big Green Eggs (which of course is green).  The photo below is from the Big Green Egg Canada website, it shows all the sizes available.  He has 2 different sizes, a Large (one on the far left) and a Mini Max (in the front).



and he works for a green company (logo is also green & yellow) so we decided on green.  



How many shades of green?  I finally chose a dark colour (DMC 986) to outline the shapes and a variegated (DMC 92) to stitch inside each shape.  I found another remnant mystery fabric that is big enough.  This one I know is definitely a 28ct Lugana, just don’t know what colour.
This is how much I got done just last night, it stitches up fast when you are only backstitching.  I should be caught up in no time.  I started in the middle (bottom square right side) and completed the left side and working on the top.  This shows how wide the project will be and half of the height.

Here is the outline shape for the 52 weeks.  You can also choose one of 5 borders to finish it off.  I might leave mine without a border, not sure yet.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new start. I haven't seen a green one yet so will look forward to seeing it all come together, especially as you catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the party! Although I'm not a fan of most greens, I do like your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see another version of this SAL, I've not seen the full layout before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the green color idea. My son's favorite color. I'll enjoy cheering you along.

    ReplyDelete