Sunday 2 February 2020

SYOA - Hufflepuff House crest - update #4

Reminder of where the Hufflepuff banner/house crest (Chapter 1) is placed on the fabric.  

I’m still deciding what to add/change on the top.  This will probably be the only Harry Potter project I ever do, so I’m adding more stuff to make it more complicated.  I may also wait to stitch the top section last, so I can see what Stewart from Cunning Cross Stitch has designed for the other 5 chapters.  I’m not expecting to finish this year with all the extra things I might add, but you never know.

This is how the Hufflepuff banner/house crest will look inside Chapter 1.


Here is my progress before I started stitching on Friday night.

Here is my progress after stitching on Friday night.  You can see I finished the badger and letter H.  Then started working on the right side of the banner edge (black and yellow vertical stripes).  Noticed I was so close to the bottom of Chapter 1, that I started doing the brown and cream.

Here is my progress at the end of Saturday night.  I am almost finished the black and yellow stripes on the right side.  I’m very happy with my progress so far, I’m enjoying seeing it come together.  Now that I look at this photo ... I think I miss counted the cream at the top right.  There are supposed to be 2 black vertical stripes, but I stitched the cream and forgot the extra black (see it’s doubled part way down).  That is what happens when you don’t finish one part before starting the next.  :(  I guess I’ll be frogging some more black after lunch/supper, then I’ll spend some time stitching.



2 comments: