Friday 13 March 2020

Peppermint Purple (Green) - week 7, 8

Last night I completed week 7 & 8 and started week 9.  I stitch with a magnifying lamp, so I should see things more precise.  Well I noticed week 1 looked a little lighter colour, but thought it was because of the design and I’m stitching at night.  After stitching 3/4 of the second row, I realize that yes this green is definitely lighter than the top row.   Can you tell that there are two shades of green?  Maybe it’s not as noticeable in the photo compared to in real life.  I will stitch the third row with my original colour DMC 988.  I will decide after the the next row if I have to rip out row two.  I really hate to rip it out again, but once I’m caught up I’ll have the time to fix it.









5 comments:

  1. I think it looks great just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is row 2 a different colour green or is the dye lot different? If it's a different colour then perhaps you could alternate between the two to save having to frog and restitch. Other than that, it's great to see you're gradually catching up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look a little lighter, but I like the way it looks. I like Rachel's idea of alternating the colours if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Rachel's idea too. It just looks like the natural variation caused by the different blackwork patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say the same thing Rachel did, I can see the difference, but alternating rows will look good and make it look intentional rather than accidental!

    ReplyDelete