Monday 9 March 2020

SYOA - Chapter 2 - Quidditch - update #3

Last night I finished stitching the Hufflepuff uniform shirt.  I modified the shirt to a general Hufflepuff badger head and a small Hufflepuff house crest.  I used DMC Rayon black (1 strand) to do petit point stitches to create the badger's head and house crest.  I forgot how much fun the Rayon floss is to work with.  It is very shiny and slippery.  I'm also used to stitching over 2 on 28ct evenweave and the petit point is stitch 1 over 1.  It took me several nights to stitch this shirt, because I found it very hard to see the holes when stitching over 1 even with my magnifying lamp.  I'm so glad I didn't make any mistakes because I'm not sure if I could pull out the stitches without ripping the fabric.  Overall I'm very happy with the results.  It turned out better than I expected.
Here is the whole project so far.
Here is a close up of the shirt.




4 comments:

  1. The little badger is wonderful. I do enjoy stitching over one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had cause to do petit point but often see it used and agree the effort is well worth it.
    Your Hufflepuff design is great. Can't wait to see the other Quidditch motifs being added! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ripping over one is HORRIBLE. Glad you didn't have to because it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete