Tuesday 10 March 2020

FFG - March


Thanks again to Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher for encouraging us to finish some projects.  I was going to blog about my Quidditch progress and saw Rachel’s blog and felt guilty because I procrastinated all month and didn’t get around to fully finishing anything until this morning.  Thanks Rachel, it’s all your fault.  :)

First up I used a black 5 X 7 frame for the Lesley Teare SAL I did last year.  I couldn’t use the glass because of the beads in the project.  Next time I’m ironing something I can take this out and iron it as well.

The second framed project is by Sue Hillis called Yes, I Can Drive A Stick.  I don’t usually stitch Halloween pictures, but this one I had to do because I actually prefer to drive standard transmission (cars with a stick).  So this project is perfect for me, and I stitched it on purple.  The frame is a little banged up, but I reused it from our house.

The last framed picture is called Blackwork Dragon by Dragon Dreams.  I stitched this way back in 2004.  I believe the model was stitched in one colour, but I thought it would be fun to mix it up.

Finally the one everyone is waiting to see ... Miss Strawberry Mouse.  Remember this is what she looked like before.  I love the pink on pink fabric.


I had to take her outside for a photo because it is a cloudy, rainy day here.  Every room is dark, I was getting shadows.  I assembled her today.  I love how she turned out.  I like the new tails on the mice for the seasonal houses.  It is a wire corded tail instead of the metal shaped tails.  It is hard to see the pink on pink fabric in the photos, but you can see it in real life.  







9 comments:

  1. Ann, Miss Strawberry Mouse is gorgeous! Good work on framing the other pieces, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some great finished finishes this month. The mouse is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes, I live your mouse .... so cute. Your Halloween piece is funny, we have an automatic because of my left ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic finishes!! I love what you did with the blackwork dragon. I wish I would have thought of that for mine. I did it in all one color like suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't drive a stick - even though my mom (who threw up her hands in defeat) and my dad (who mentioned that there is no shame in being uncoordinated and that sometimes the World is a safer place when a person surrenders for the Greater Good) and the eXMan (who agreed that my dad was right) tried to teach me ..... awesome finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two blackwork designs are lovely.
    It's interesting to hear about the "stick" design because it is unusual to drive an automatic car in the UK. A car with a gearstick is the norm, unless you have mobility issues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finishes, even if they were done at the last minute! The simple frames work with each design too. And as for the mouse... well... cuteness in abundance!
    Thanks for participating again this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finishes all look great, I really love how you stitched the dragon and the mouse is just too cute! I could drive a stitch in an emergency (I think) but an automatic is so much easier.

    ReplyDelete